What is a lash lift?
Lash lifts are a great alternative to eyelash extensions or for clients with sensitivities. It is a low maintenance lash solution for clients as results lasts about 6-8 weeks. Using your own natural lashes, it is permed against a silicon pad to give it a natural looking “lift”. These are perfect for those who have straight or downward facing natural lashes, giving your eyes and face an instant lift! You will look more awake and even more youthful! Add a tint to go with the lash lift service to make it really pop!
Who are lash lifts for?
Lash lifts are perfect for those who:
- Are sensitive or allergic to lash extensions
- Cannot commit to proper maintenance or hygiene of lash extensions
- Are happy with their lashes but just want to add curl
- Cannot afford lash extensions
- Want lower maintenance lashes
Who is this procedure NOT good for?
You cannot get a lash lift if you have:
- Chronic dry eye
- Damaged lashes or lashes with gaps (this treatment may make the gaps more noticeable)
- Active eye infections of any kind
- Trichotillomania (habitual pulling out of lashes)
- Recent chemo treatments (you will need to wait at least a year from your last treatment)
Can I wear mascara or eye make up prior to my appointment?
No. Please remove any eye make up with non-oily cleanser or eye make up remover to ensure lids and lashes are thoroughly cleansed and dry. Otherwise the silicone will not adhere to the lids making the lash lift treatment difficult.
Can I wear my contact lenses in my appointment?
It’s best to remove your contact lenses during the treatment. Please bring your contact lenses tray and solution or your glasses. There is a restroom you may use to remove them.
Can I wear mascara after the lash lift?
Yes of course! I do not recommend water-proof mascara or using mascara remover as they weaken the perm.
What should I use for cleaning my face after the lash lift?
Use mild cleansers only. The daily use of (some not all) AHA’s products tend to weaken the perm.
How long will the appointment take?
The treatment takes about 30-45 minutes. Results lasts 6-8 weeks.
How long will the curl last?
The last lift will last 6-8 weeks.
Can I use my eyelash curler?
No! You don’t need it. Eyelash curlers break off the lashes, so I don’t recommend it.
Will I lose any of my lashes because of the lash lift?
No. However, each eye naturally sheds 2-3 eyelashes daily. It happens to all of us! New eyelashes will grow in place of old ones. Actually, using the eyelash curler daily will cause the eyelashes to fall.
Does the lash lift hurt?
No. It’ll only feel strange if you’ve never had any lash treatments before. I would be using an eye gel pad (moisturizing, reduces wrinkles and dark circles) to secure your bottom lashes then applying the silicone on your lids to lift your lashes to.
Will I have skin irritation or reaction?
Very few people had some skin reactions, puffiness reaction or burning on their eyelids the next day. Cold compresses for few minutes will do the trick!
Can I wash my face after I get the lash lift?
You may wash your face BUT you cannot sleep on your lashes or get them wet for the first 24 hours.
After care advice:
- A patch test will be necessary 24 hours before these treatments
- Avoid rubbing the eyes
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours, as this fades the tint
- Avoid putting your contact lenses back in for the rest of the day
- Although I do make sure every trace of dye is removed, it is possible that residues may remain
- Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
You will need to visit me for a patch test at least 48 hours prior to the treatment to ensure no allergy exists. If you have had any known eye disorders in the past, please let me know before you book the appointment.